Joomla 4 is an advanced version of Joomla 3 and modules are a block of content, that can be placed anywhere in the template layout basis on layout positions. So Let me explain in Joomla: How to create a new module from the backend?
Create Module from Backend
Go to the backend (administrator) where you can see there you can see “site” container left side area and within that area, you can see boxes of important links like plugins, media, modules, etc.
So click on modules and then you will redirect to the module manager and where you can see all defaults modules. If you want to create a new default module which is provided by Joomla you can create it by clicking on the New Button and then you can see their list of module types so select your required type of module.
There are approx. 24 default modules in Joomla 4. So we can create any type of module from 24 modules.
For example, we select the Latest Users type which will display all users list in the front end.
Follow the steps as bellow
- Enter the title of the module
- Select the number of users
- Enable /Disable the Filter Groups option = >Yes or No
- Select the option on the right side Title Show = > Yes or No
- Choose the position of template like position-right
- Select the option Status on the right side => Published/Unpublished
- Start Publishing = > This is the option where you can set a date to publish your module accordingly.
- Finish Publishing => This is the option where you can set a date to end the publish module accordingly.
- Menu Assignment => Select the menu in which you want to allow to display. There are 4 options in the dropdown as below –
- On All pages – if you want to display on all pages or menus
- No pages – if you don’t want to display anywhere.
- Only on the pages selected – In this option you have to select only those menus where you want to display this module.
- On all pages except those selected – if you want to display on all pages except those selected menus.
- Advanced – In this tab, you can set the design of the module like the layout of the module, you can add the Class of the module, Module Style, Heading Tag, Module Tag, Header Class, and Bootstrap size.
In this tab you can also set Cache, So there are 2 options Caching and Cache Time.
Let See: Top 10 Free Joomla Templates in 2022
- Permissions – This is the last option of the module that we don’t use normally so it is set as default. But we can change the setting for edit, delete Front-end edit, etc.