If you have an error or bug in the code on your Joomla site, one of the main important steps is, to find the error messages while the error message is not showing by default. So in this tutorial, you will learn Joomla Enable Debug Configuration PHP.
After setting your Joomla error reporting to the maximum, you can detect mistakes more easily. You can take step-by-step measures from there to determine the reason for the problem.
Joomla Enable Debug Configuration PHP
This article will lead you step by step to adjust the configuration for the maximum or development option of your Joomla Error Reporting. You will learn to use the Joomla configuration.php file from your Joomla admin panel. Learn What is Joomla? and What is Joomla Architecture?
The Error Reporting Options in Joomla
Joomla provides five levels of error reporting:
- System Default: leaves the volume of PHP error reporting to the server’s configuration (usually in the php.ini file).
- None: This disables PHP error reporting.
- Simple: changes the server configuration to provide minimal reporting.
- Maximum: overrides the server option that causes all errors to be reported.
- Development: overrides the server option that causes all errors to be reported.
Option #1. Using the Joomla Admin Panel
- Log in to the admin section of your Joomla.
- Go to System > Global Configuration:
The Global Configuration administration page will appear.
- Select the Server tab.
- Click the System Default option in the Error Reporting setting.
- Select the Maximum or Development option from the drop-down menu.
- Save & Close is a button that allows you to save and close a document.
Option #2. Use the configuration.php file in Joomla
By changing a single line in your Joomla configuration.php file, you can simply switch Joomla PHP error reporting to Maximum or Development.
- Change Error Reporting from Maximum to System Default in your Joomla control panel.
- Locate the configuration.php file in the Joomla installation folder.
- If you’re working on your Joomla website on your local computer, this is how it may look in your Joomla folder tree:
- If you’re working on your site on a remote server, this is how it may look in your Joomla folder tree:
- Find the line: public $error reporting = ‘default’; in this file and modify it.
- Save the file after changing ‘default’ to maximum:
Let See: Top 10 Free Joomla Templates in 2022
Go to System > Global Configuration > tab Server > Error Reporting in your Joomla administrator control panel. You’ll see that it’s now changed from System Default to Maximum, as you specified in the configuration.php file:
Congratulations on your achievement! Using the Joomla administrator control panel or the Joomla configuration.php file, you can now change your Joomla error reporting from System Default to Maximum.